THERE IS NO BLAMEDementia is a disease. No one is responsible for your loved one’s condition, least of all you, the primary caregiver. Outside or less involved parties are free with their opinions. Listen, but don’t accept criticism from those who don’t have to meet your daily challenges.
BURNOUT AND DEPRESSIONYou may feel that you’re doing things wrong, second-guessing yourself. Don’t! Feeling guilty is counterproductive and unnecessary. You might not recognize the signs that you are subconsciously blaming yourself, which can lead to depression and burnout.
- Isolation. Are you pulling away from family, friends and social activity?
- Unfocused at work. Are you less interested in your job and your employer notices?
- Family neglect. Do you feel that caregiving is having a negative effect on the rest of the family?
- Fatigue. Have your duties in life left you tired, confused and feeling helpless?
- Weight loss, weight gain. Has there been a change in your eating habits? Is there an increase in the use of alcohol or other stimulants to get by?
TIME TO REGROUP
You are in charge of your life. Superior Care Home is your partner and is here to assist you. It’s not wrong to reach out. Every problem has a solution and together we can help you achieve balance.Some solutions to: