Superior Care Home’s short-term rehabilitation program is designed to help residents achieve their highest possible level of independence, restore confidence, improve quality of life and, when possible, return home. Our programs are based upon individual needs, goals and potential, taking into consideration each resident’s unique circumstances following rehabilitation.
Therapy, combined with an integrated, multi-disciplinary plan of care, which includes 24/7 observation, skilled nursing and support services, is often the fastest route to a full recovery. We take pride in helping our residents reach their goals and return to everyday living as quickly as possible.
Fortunately, our Medicare certification means that exceptional short-term care and rehabilitation is accessible to all who want the best care available.
Our Comprehensive Rehabilitation Therapies
Physical therapy is designed to assist each individual become as independent and mobile as possible. Treatments may include:
- Gait training
- Transfer training
- Balance training
- Therapeutic strengthening exercises
- Range of motion exercises
- Fall prevention
Occupational therapy helps individuals adjust to their social and physical environments with a focus on restoring daily living skills. Residents are taught adaptation and mastery of skills to gain optimal quality of life. Treatments may focus on:
- Education and training in daily living skills, such as eating, dressing, bathing, grooming and home management
- Sensory-motor skill re-training
- Cognitive integration techniques
- Selection and use of adaptive equipment
Speech and Language Pathology
Speech and language pathology restores communication and swallowing skills often resulting from neurological and cognitive impairment. Treatment may include:
- Cognitive skills re-training
- Sensory motor activities to facilitate swallowing and improve intelligibility
- Exercises to promote expressive and receptive language skills
- Compensatory swallowing techniques